Malaga Camp is a nonprofit evangelical, holiness oriented ministry of the Christian Church.
As a religious organization, we are united by the following Statement of Faith.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Our purpose is to promote scriptural holiness as revealed in the Holy Scripture.
1. We believe in the sovereignty of God who is the omniscient, omnipotent Creator and Ruler of the universe. Scripture is divinely inspired; therefore, it is infallible. It is God’s revelation of Himself, of His will, and His purposes, an authoritative guide for faith and practice.
2. We believe in the total depravity of humanity. The propensity to sin is inherent within every person. Its power cannot be broken by human effort, and results ultimately in the eternal separation from the presence of God.
3. We believe that God Himself provided the only remedy for our sin dilemma through the death, burial and resurrection of His only Son, Jesus who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Through the shedding of His blood on Calvary, Christ paid the penalty for our sin, thereby redeeming us from the power of spiritual death. His resurrection provided the final triumph over death and hell. Through Christ’s sacrifice, we now have access to God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
4. We believe that our sins are pardoned when we believe in our hearts in the divinity of Christ, in His death, burial and resurrection. We are then justified before God and become children of God. We also then have eternal life. By God’s grace, believers are saved, and by the power of the Holy Spirit they are kept and empowered to live a Godly life of service to others.
5. We anticipate the visible return of Christ to set up His kingdom of righteousness, a new heaven and earth that will never end. This is the blessed hope, the Christian’s great expectation. We recognize the sacraments of communion and baptism as being symbolic reminders of our relationship with Christ.
6. We believe that marriage was divinely ordained to be the lifelong and exclusive union of one man and one woman, and we affirm that the Scriptures command that sexual intimacy be reserved for this Biblical marital relationship alone, condemning all other forms as sexual immorality. We believe that God created both male and female, and that He designed biological gender distinctions between men and women, including the Biblically-defined and distinctive roles of husband and wife. Since gender distinctions are biologically rooted in divine order, changing or disguising one’s inherited sex (and correlated gender) reflective of this order transgresses God’s design. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19: 5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; I Corinthians 6:9.
7. We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end (including the unborn, ailing and aging); and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of each other Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-221; Galatians 6:10.
8. Those who believe in Christ are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who do not believe are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Those participating in our Camp ministries must agree to honor these religious beliefs while participating.